EREF Small Hydropower Meeting
& Workshop: The EU Energy Union
and its impact on the hydropower sector
Friday, 30th November, 9 am – 12 am
*Free of charge for trade fair visitors.
Since more than three years, EU Member States and institutions develop and negotiate the so called EU Energy Union which foresees a fundamental transformation of Europe’s energy system towards a system based on renewable energy, energy efficiency and a climate policy. The legislation on the new electricity market design will be finalized by the end of 2018 under the Austrian EU Presidency, entering into force from 2020 onwards.
Content and objectives of the Workshop:
The interactive Workshop will provide an overview on the new legislation and its impact on the EU hydropower sector. Experts will assess the potential impact on the operation modus of hydropower plants and potential new business models.
1st part, 9 AM – 10 AM: EREF strategic planning meeting
Application: for EREF SHP members only
Please register here: email@example.com
2nd part, 10 AM – 12 AM: interactive Workshop: Clean Energy Package and its impact on the hydropower sector
Planned course of action:
- Welcome words EREF SHP Chapter (small hydropower)
- Presentation of main point of revised Renewable Energy Directive and new governance scheme as well as interim results of new European electricity market design
- The new electricity market design and its impact on hydropower owners and projects
- Panel discussion or presentation on impact on existing hydropower business models and potential new business models
- Interactive part with questions from audience to presenters
Target group (2nd part): all RENEXPO participants
Fee: 0,00 EUR
Event language: English
The number of applications is restricted to 5o participants
Subject to change