Partner country France
Increase hydropower capacity
Hydropower accounts for almost 20% of installed capacity in France, second only to its nuclear capacity.
With 25,397 MW of hydropower capacity currently installed, France is seeking to increase hydropower
capacity by at least 30.000 MW by 2020.
Hydropower generation facilities are located all over France. Nationwide, they account for 6,000 maintenance,
operations, and engineering staff and, on average, 10% of EDF’s electricity production. (source: www.edf.fr)
Key players in Hydropower
- Ministry for Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and the Sea (MEEDDM)
- National Office for Water and Aquatic Environments (ONEMA)
- National Association for Elected Representatives in Mountain Areas (ANEM)
- France Hydro Electricité (UFE)
- Societe Hydrotechnique de France (SHF)
- Electricité autonome francaise, EAF
Senior PR Manager